Monday, May 21, 2012

Shakespeare in the Park? Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?

If you haven't seen The Avengers yet, then the title of this post makes no sense whatsoever (and is minorly spoilerish, as is the rest of the post). If you have, though,  you totally got it and at least chuckled. It is one of the many great moments in the film that can be neatly filed under "Iron Man's Snarky Comments." Of course, Mr. Stark does share some friendly moments with Bruce Banner, aka the Hulk, that are the highlight of the film.

In case you can't tell, this weekend was essentially occupied by one thing and one thing only: The Avengers. I actually saw it twice -- once in 3D and once without that most unnecessary of dimensions. (Not to be a snob, but I do actually enjoy 2D movies more than 3D.) Anyways, I saw the film both times at the Regal Fenway 13, which is conveniently attached to the Landmark Center (of which I could have sworn I had a picture, but apparently do not).


Back to The Avengers. I give it my highest review: 3 out of 3 Michelin Stars. One star is for the fantastic use of Black Widow and Hawkeye, the second for Tony Stark and Bruce Banner's exchange on the helicarrier, and the third for the special effects smash up that was the crescendo of the film.

Thanks for joining me for my first movie review.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment