Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New York City on the Mind

Yes, I know, this is a blog about Beantown, but, still, you have to admit that the One World Trade Center story is a pretty big one. So it is little surprise that it's still on my mind. As evidenced here, where thoughts of NYC invade even a casual game of Bananagrams:

(Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building)

Okay, so I totally wasn't playing the game -- just using the pieces to create this faux-skyline.

Anyways, I would direct you to the following two videos about the new tallest building in New York: the first is from CBS (via YouTube), and the second is from the BBC.

Both videos have their pros and cons. The CBS video offers some great insight into the construction workers who put the building together. The BBC video offers some great shots of the building itself (from the ground, from its top floor, and its view of Manhattan). In addition, the BBC video ends with time-lapse photography of its ascension. Not gonna lie: so cool.

I also can't help but note that the CBS video does not mention that this was a media event that other news organizations were invited to. The BBC, though, includes shots of the numerous photographers and press members that were present. So, different approaches to the news interest me -- what can I say, I'm a bit nerdy.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment