Thursday, January 9, 2014

Green T

Today’s post is just a quick recommendation, but it’s a good one. I promise.

I don’t know about you, but coffee shops are a weekend experience for my fiancée and I. During the weekday, I’m lucky if I can get the Mr. Coffee to brew up a couple cups before I run out to work. Having a leisurely sit-down and reading the paper just isn’t going to happen. Well, it could – if I would set my alarm early enough. Also, I would need to get a paper.

And so frequenting these enclaves of caffeination must wait for a Saturday or a Sunday. (Enclave? Nation? Oh, puns...)

If your coffee excursions wait until the weekend, too – and you like a little bit of adventure by trying something new – then put a trip to Green T [754 Huntington Ave] on your itinerary.


The shop is a cozy, ground-level location reminiscent of those brick-and-mortar shops where my classmates and I studied for college exams after the libraries and common areas closed. Or, it’s reminiscent of the interior of an Irish cottage. Or, it’s both at once – if you’re studying at Trinity in Dublin, then I guess I hit the nail on the head.

Well, there are wooden rafters and twinkle lights and seating in the bay window. It is small, cozy, and unique, and it’s an exciting and inspiring place to be. Maybe that’s the best way to describe it. It's the kind of place that makes you want to sip your coffee and read the paper, or sip your coffee and sketch, or sip your coffee and... I don't know... pin on your smartphone. Or sip your coffee and write. In all of these scenarios, it's a charming little shop that you won't want to just dash out of.

across the street
Anyways, the coffee is local, fair trade, fantastic, and competitively priced against major chains (which means there is no reason not to try it, by the way). The food is great, too. The “Egg-in-a-Basket” is delicious and unique. Highest recommendation.

Happy exploring, weekend adventurers!


Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment