Monday, July 16, 2012

(Not) Just Another Brick in the Wall

Wall decoration has a certain appeal to me (something you probably knew, given my recent posts on graffiti). Whether it is simple, elaborate, functional, or decorative, it's always interesting to see what is put on display when a building becomes a canvas. Have a quick look at these two examples that I particularly enjoy.


The example on the left comes from the Christian Science area along Mass Ave. You can't argue with its simplicity. The example on the right comes from the side of the newly renovated Taberna de Haro restaurant in Brookline. I haven't been, but I like its style. The (huge) homage to Singer Sargent's El Jaleo (on display at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, fittingly) is very appropriate to both the region and cuisine.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment