Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dude!

Here is a neat piece of design from the Copley area:


This photo is looking up from a side entrance. I like how it cuts into the entire building. The pattern, too, is a very nice touch - I like that the diamond shapes inside of the tiles form an alternating pattern of the dark and light tans.

Actually, the more I look at this, the more pleasing it is. I love that it is a simple (but creative) shape that is also adorned with moderate intricacy. I am especially in awe of the proportions: notice that the rest of the building's height continues from the center line of the curvature.

And, finally, it reminds me of the half-pipes that filled the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater videogames. "Like, dude! Twenty trick combo!"

In all seriousness, though, rad points to this building - a fantastic example of the appeal of modern architecture. (And I didn't even mention the incredible windows and pillared frame yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment