Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stay Classy, Beantown

This weekend my fiancée and I returned to the Regal Fenway 13 after a painful, months-long absence for a late-night screening of Hunger Games: Catching Fire. My fiancée picked the movie, but it pulled me in immediately. I enjoyed the book series, too, but read them entirely while commuting to and from work on the bus. Which is to say that my intense focus on minding my own business led to far less retention of the plot than I anticipated. The positive side of that is the movie was fresh and exciting.

But that’s not the point of this post. Before the (spectacular) movie began, there was a promo for Anchorman 2. Of course, it looks great: as good as Ron Burgundy reading the news (“Hey everyone, come look at how good I look!”1)



Better yet, Ron Burgundy – yes, the Ron Burgundy – is coming to Emerson College on December 4 to dedicate (if only for a day) the Ron Burgundy School of Communication. I have to imagine there will be some hilarious antics to accompany the ceremony. Unfortunately, as with most of us in the Bean, I will not be able to attend the daytime event.

If, like me, you won’t be able to attend Emmerson’s event, there is another option. Last time I went to the Brookline Booksmith (Harvard St., Coolidge Corner), I found an incredible freebie: a preview selection from Ron Burgundy’s forthcoming autobiography Let Me off at the Top! My Classy Life & Other Musings.

Give it a look. It’s well worth it. Maybe you’ll find out why Ron proclaims, “I don’t give a damn about broccoli.”2

Til next time!




1.       Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Dir. Adam McKay. Perf. Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. Apatow Productions and Dreamworks Pictures, 2004. DVD.

2.       Burgundy, Ron, and Will Ferrell. Let Me off at the Top!: My Classy Life & Other Musings. New York: Crown Group, 2013. Print. P17.

No comments:

Post a Comment